Ep. 1: How to Flourish Online: The Basics
Branding is a game of Jenga.
Hear me out.
If you’ve ever played Jenga, you’ll know the unique thrill that comes with removing block after block, leaving a precarious, hole-ridden stack.
You tap on blocks, testing for stability, working out where the key foundational blocks are and leaving them untouched.
Basically, this is a game about eliminating the unnecessary pieces and getting down to the foundation – and if you’re clever, you’ll do exactly the same thing with your brand.
A great brand and online business is built on five main pillars: branding, business model, presence, community, and leadership.
Take one of them away, and BAM: your structure is unstable. Cue blocks tumbling, clients jumping ship, and your siblings knocking the tower over out of spite…
There are just two major differences between your branding and a Jenga tower:
- You wouldn’t want people to describe your brand as “wooden”.
- Brands are harder to resurrect than fallen Jenga towers – which is all the more reason to take good care of that core foundation.
In this episode of How to Flourish Online, I’ll be talking through the five foundational elements of every successful online brand, and how you can make them work for your business.
So what’s this conversation really about?
- The five pillars of Flourishing Online and how to make them work for you
- The truth about personal branding and why it can feel so icky
- How to rewrite the “what, when, where, and how” rules around your work
- The meaning of an “island mentality” and why you should avoid it
Why you should listen
Whether you’re building a business from scratch or looking to grow what you’ve started, the five core pillars in this episode will be your road map to success. You won’t need tools, soil, or even a sense of direction to get started – just a can-do attitude and a notepad.
You can quote me on that…
“You can create a business model that works for you, and that is the secret sauce – the difference between making it work and melting into an overworked, overwhelmed hot mess.”
Like what you hear?
Show me some love, baby! Every star from your rating goes towards supporting flourishing businesses everywhere.